Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ok I've had it! Vista Sucks!


Ever since I upgraded my laptop to Windows Vista Ultimate it's been a total nightmare. There are a few cosmetic things I like about Vista, but at the end I think I'll go back to XP. I've been using Vista since April 07 and so far it's been a struggle having to put up with lots of problems with software incompatibility as well as a number of devices forced to retire due to lack of drivers.

The major issue is that it's painstakingly SLOW, everything I do takes longer than it should. My laptop is always sluggish even after a fresh reboot, boot up takes significantly longer and my laptop is constantly hotter than it was compared to XP. The constant nagging of files being deleted, BSOD, program error shutdowns (ie; Illustrator CS3) and harddrive spinning has really made me gone berserk. CPU processes always take up 15-20% even on idle which is completely absurd, if I were to run any program it easily hits 100%, making my laptop hotter than it already is, ontop of that, ACPI control is lacking and I can't make any modifications to the cooling fan speeds to compensate for the extra heat Vista is giving off.

I think I will venture back to XP where my system was stable for over a year(that's the longest for any Microsoft product I've had), and if I feel nostalgic about the look & feel I'll reinstall Vista Transformation Pack 6 with WindowBlinds & Kaye Irene's WhiteFlame Theme as well as the RTM Sidebar Latest Vaio pack. Hey it's close enough!



No comments: